I love being able to go in the kitchen early in the day and put supper on and not give it another thought until Hubs walks in the door and it’s time to eat.
- 1 lb ground meat (beef, pork, whatever)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper if I have one from the garden.
- 1 jar (24 oz) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
The cheese filling:
- 4 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1½ cups cottage cheese
- ½ cup parmesan
- 1 egg (unless I don’t have any, then I leave it out.)
- 1 tsp dried parsley, or cut up some fresh if you have it.
- I use the whole wheat blend lasagna noodles. This takes 9 noodles, I think it’s the 8 oz box. DO NOT COOK THEM FIRST!!! This makes it fast and easy!
- Brown your meat and add all the other sauce ingred. Set it aside for a minute.
- Mix all the cheese filling ingredients together.
- Get out the big crockpot and spray the insides with oil.
- Put about ¼ of the sauce in the crockpot.
- Break 3 of the noodles into 3 or 4 pieces and lay them over the sauce.
- Spread about a third of the cheese filling over the broken noodles.
- Repeat from #4 thru #6 two more times.
- Finish with the last of the sauce.
- Pop the lid on the crockpot and turn it on high. Check it after 2 or 3 hours. You’ll just have to use your judgement about the time and temp. since every crockpot is different. I put mine on after lunch and leave it on high till supper time.
- Serve it with a salad and you have the easiest Lasagna dinner in the world. And with only 1 lb of meat and 4 cups of Mozzarrella this is a fairly frugal meal!
Just in case you think those are bandanas that Sally Mae and Rowdy are wearin’ think again. Those are costumes. Ahem, Pirate costumes if you must know. Crazy Cowpokes!
Costumes aside, what do ya think? Do these two favor each other or what?
No related posts.