And now, because you have no troubles of your own and must run around the internet borrowing problems from others (are ya buying any of this?) a list of my peeves du jour.
- The cd player on my Suburban stopped playing cds without notice, now what am I supposed to do? I actually know the answer to this bratty question from my dirt poor days of yore, but I have nearly forgotten the words to “She’ll be Comin’ Round the Mountain When She Comes” in all the subsequent years of listening to cds at my leisure. (shouting to kids) “Somebody find that songbook with those corny-campfire songs y’all used to sing with me when y’all were little, it won’t embarrass you at all to sing with me in the car. Promise!”
- My grocery store is closing so that they can open a bigger (and hopefully better) grocery store right next door to it, so, guess what? The shelves are getting kind of bare. Now I have to shop in San Antonio for the next 2 weeks until they open the new store and actually have groceries again. It’s like living in a third world country around here. I tell ya. (I know, I know, it’s not really, but people, a grocery store should have some groceries.)
- WalMart and Amazon have it in for me concerning the CDs I want to buy. I guess I have weird (read: non-mainstream) taste in music. (That’s probably a good thing) This whole peeve is not as big a deal once you’ve fully digested the first point in my list here, which I haven’t yet.
- It’s too late in the day to cook the black beans in the crockpot. (Hey, nobody said these peeves would all be as earth-shaking as my grocery not having Thumb-Tacks today.)
- The lady at the feed store blamed me for my red cow being out in the road this morning. Ahem, I don’t own any red cows. The cows that live around us are black, and they don’t belong to me, so even if I did own cows, they’d be black, not red. Grrr. (Weird problem though, huh?)
I just ate pizza for lunch so I don’t really feel entitled to complain any more. AKA – I should just shut up now.
No related posts.